FillersFormerly, physicians had only animal forms of fillers, which were known by the names of ‘Zyplast’ and ‘Zyderm’. These animal-derived fillers were solely used to fill in the lines and creases round the mouth. Such substances had to be tested before human use, so as to rule any chance of allergy or undesirable reaction to the filler. Moreover, the effects brought about by these fillers lasted for about 3 months only. In the past ten years, the field of cosmetics has made remarkable progresses and achievements. One of its works include the development of such FDA-approved fillers that not only correct the creases, lines and wrinkles of the face, but also initiate rejuvenation of the skin, which replenishes its volume and contour. Such kind of rejuvenation can also be brought in other areas of the body besides the face. These newly developed fillers need no testing prior to use, are completely safe when performed by a specialized person, and produce effects that last much longer. Here is a list of different kinds of fillers along with their description:
- Sculptra: This non-surgical cosmetic procedure is used to treat the facial fine lines and wrinkles, and to provide the face with a youthful look.
- Perlane: This inject-able dermal filler is used to soften the wrinkles.
- Juvederm: This is yet another dermal-filler that brings you back your youthful appearance, which fades of with the advancing age.
- Juverderm Ultra-Plus: This inject-able dermal filler contains hyaluronic acid gel which is mostly used to vanish away the lines around the mouth and the nose.
- Juvederm Ultra XC: It is the first kind of dermal filler that contains 0.3% lidocaine that gives a more comfortable experience to the user.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC: It is also formulated with 0.3% lidocaine that provides quite desirable volume to the face.
- Juvederm Voluma XC: Juvederm Voluma XC is the only FDA-approved dermal filler that instantly provides volume to the cheeks. It helps re-contour and up-lift the facial skin, and its effects last for about 2 years.
- Restylane: You can now eradicate those fine superficial lines and wrinkles with the help of Restylane.
- Radiesse: Correct those undesirable, extra-deep nasolabial folds and facial wrinkles with this next generation dermal filler.